The Tennessee United Soccer Club Academy is a special program for U9 and U10 players. The Academy introduces these young players to the challenges of select soccer. The Academy’s philosophy is to provide an environment for the players to learn by playing, while minimizing the intense pressure to win. This philosophy transcends every training session and match. The focus of the Academy will be participation and development in a fun and rewarding environment, within a competitive arena, while emphasizing proper skills acquisition and training techniques.
Information about the Academy
Tryouts Dates: May 20th & 22nd 2019, 5:30-6:45pm, Drakes Creek Park, Hendersonville
To Register for Tryouts: Register Here
- U9 birthdate January 1st 2012 - December 31st 2012
- U10 birthdate January 1st 2011 - December 31st 2011
Commitment: Annual (but flexible on a case-by-case basis). The annual commitment includes Fall and Spring seasons.
Program Goals and Benefits
- To provide an educational environment for the players to learn by playing, while emphasizing the process of technical development and gradual tactical understanding over the pressure to win at all costs, immediately
- To develop ball skill and decision making in the game
- To create a fun and dynamic atmosphere for the players
- To prepare players for the competition of select soccer
Curriculum: Fun and creative training ideas, professionally designed by the TUSC Director of Coaching, to provide a developmentally appropriate training environment.
Fees: Around $450-550 per season (fees can be reduced through built-in club fundraisers).
- Coaches: All teams are trained by appropriately licensed, paid club coaches under the direction of a professional Director of Coaching to provide the players with the best possible foundation of skills and knowledge of the game.
- Training Sessions: There are two (2) required training sessions per week with the Academy. Each training session will be held at the same time and location for all players. Each session will include group warm-up and foot skills sessions, then small group training and instruction. Sessions generaly end with scrimmages among Academy players.
- Optional Extracurricular Activities: 5 Player Development sessions per season
- Additional Training Opportunities: Opportunity to attend Winter and Summer foot skills sessions, plus TUSC select camp in the Summer.
- Teams: At U9, all players train together and are divided evenly from week-to-week in the Fall season for games in order to create approximate parity between teams each week. In the Spring of their U9 season and into the U10 year, more advanced players will be placed in a more competitive environment and parity teams will be formed underneath that for players still learning the game and developing at a different rate. Fluidity between all these teams in the Spring U9 and U10 age group could occur from week-to-week during the year.
- Games: League Classic Games and Friendly Games (10-15 per season). Games usually on Sunday afternoons.
- Tournaments: Three (3) local tournaments. The tournaments will not be outside the Middle Tennessee area. Games will be Saturday and Sunday.
- Uniform: Each player will purchase an official TUSC Adidas uniform.
For more information about U9 and U10, please check our Club Structure page by clicking here