United Club Philosophy and Approach
TUSC will focus more on the process of development than anything else, especially in the U12 and under age groups. United teams are formed and organized to provide an opportunity for boys and girls of our area, to develop their skills to the greatest degree possible. Such a process will eventually allow United teams to play soccer at the highest competitive levels. The long-term goal is to produce both quality players and people who can use soccer as a stepping-stone for high school play, college admission (or maybe even a potential soccer scholarship) and life in general. Winning will eventually come as a natural result of a well-executed process on behalf of the players, coaches and the club’s philosophy. The TUSC philosophy will be accomplished by…
- Putting the overall development of the player first while balancing the needs of the overall program.
- Encouragement and support of the players by the club, team and parents
- Providing the best possible coaching and top-level training to facilitate players toward individual development and the team toward achieving its greatest potential
- Organizing the fairest and best possible teams through annual tryouts
- Seeking out top-level competition with other players of the same or higher caliber
- Basing playing time on merit earned by a player through skills and
- Conditioning, development, ability, attendance, performance, attitude, teamwork and adhering to the expectations listed herein
- Playing competition in “classic” games, scrimmages, league play and a minimum of two tournaments per season
- Receiving strong financial support to pave the way for achieving the above goals through corporate sponsorships, team fund raising, individual donations, parental support, and tournaments.